Dear Bob and Joy,

The speech device I use is a device which was originally intended as a
treatment for stutterers.  I have modified it  to serve my purpose. =

Unfortunately the device itself is very costly also - the company that
makes them charges $1200 for them as I believe they are no longer in
production.  Bob should not be considered "beyond such a device".  My
speech is a real mess but most of the day will convert to near  normal wi=
th
the device.   There is a way you can test him for response to a DAF
(delayed audio feedback) device.  You must get  to  a hall or auditorium
with a PA (public address system) - perhaps a church or school auditorium=
. =

When one speaks into a microphone if the hall is reasonably empty the
acoustics will be poor enough to allow oneself to hear one's speech delay=
ed
- a slight echo.  If such an environment improves his speech then a DAF i=
very likely to work.  Some stereo systems can be rigged to generate an
echo/reverb effect also - you might try your local stereo or electronic
guitar store

good luck.

Tom.