hi ivan and all

this is a very preliminary and reactionary reply to your post
i will be replying at more length later
but one aspect jumped out at me:

At 04:15 99/01/11 -0500, you wrote, in part:
>...And then I get hate mail  for the second day
>in a row from a male on our List....
>This morning, I got on the List as usual. A letter from someone
>(I won't say his name) who wrote me an angry private post...
>He said I have to remember that this List has 1600 people,
>and it is not my list!...
>Just yesterday, a letter  from another male had said
>that I must stop pushing the "GAY" issue...
>I hope  both men get over that hating feeling...

further to my arguments pro-public messages and anti-private messages
i feel very strongly that any private messages like these
need to be shared with the whole list

the senders need to realize that their sad little invectives
have none of the intended effect of pain on the recipient
[what a laugh - as if they could!]
and that their own pain will be exposed to the entire list
in order to help them get over it

how childish and immature and sad that some of our siblings
feel the need to treat another sibling this way

if someone has something to say to me
they can say it in front of my cyber-family

if i am angry i will share it with you all
if i am morose i will share it with you all
if i am elated i will share it with you all

as far as i am concerned that's what you all are there for
some of us might need to go back to kindergarten
to re-learn what sharing means

... but that's only my opinion;
i could be wrong

your cyber-sis

janet

ps
hate-mail is a crime
why do you feel the need to protect the identity of the perpetrator?

janet paterson - 51 now /41 dx /37 onset - almonte/ontario/canada
<http://www.newcountry.nu/pd/members/janet/index.htm>