I recently sent an e-mail to Rachel Simon and her editor, thanking her
for the excellent article in the Philadelphia Inquirer, and received a
very nice reply this morning. In part, she said
        "...You might be interested to know that I'm planning to do a follow-up
op-ed; the piece attracted the eye of Arlen Specter's office, which
invited Richard Pikunis to testify tomorrow at a hearing in DC.  I want
to write about his experience with that--and help enhance the attention
for Parkinson's even more. "

        Hopefully the hearing will go on,  and not be postponed due to the
impeachment trial.  Rachel Simon's interest and future reporting on PD
could be very significant. Many thanks to Dolores Gross and Richard
Pikunis. It is clear  how much their knowlege and input contributed to
this excellent article. Best of luck to Richard tomorrow at the hearing.

Linda Herman