Janet and Ivan,

I agree that if anyone is getting hate mail it should be made public.  I think that if it is truly
hate mail as opposed to someone offering an opinion for instance that they don't think something is
a proper subject for the list I think and hope that the weight of public opinion will prevail and
the "mailer" will get the message loud and clear that hate has no place on this list (unless it is
hatred of PD or hatred of hatred).  I do think it is legit that someone expresses an opinion of what
they think is appropriate.

Now for me to state my view,  Ivan please continue posting about the problems of PD and being gay.
To eliminate a significant portion of the PD population's experience is not in the spirit of the
list as I see it.  Ivan, you belong to the one minority that people still feel free to bash in"
polite company" .  While I like others seriously question whether the PBS incident was anti-gay
discrimination there is no doubt that it is rampant in this society and even if you are wrong about
the particular incident,  you are right in being sensitive to the possibility.

Let me propose a less controversial  plan than I have been known for lately. While everyone has the
right to post anything they want when it attacks a person because of who they are whether Race,
Nationality, religion, or sexual orientation as many people as possible let that person know your
disapproval  We need not censor but we can make it clear that hate is not welcome on the list.

Charlie

.

Charles T. Meyer,  M.D.
Middleton (Madison), Wisconsin