        I have a question for you out there in PD land.  One that you're better
able to answer than my two neuros, who seem to disagree. (Not that you
won't disagree.  But the List advice frequently is the more knowledgable.)

        How do you determine the proper amount of medication for yourself?

        As a relative newbie (64/0.5), I'm still experimenting with my Sinemet CR
100/250 (3/day) and Sinemet 25/100 (as needed) dosage.  Since Sinemet
reduces my symptoms, why not take more of it?  Perhaps much more.  Five
times, ten times?

        There must be a downside, but my Drs. are not clear on what it is --
possibly because of the different reactions people have to the drug.

        Does increased dosage make the long term usefulness shorter?
        Is there an overdose limit, where side effects appear?

        I appreciate your advice.

Bill Isbell