>this was in our news paper today. UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN OH BY THEM BEST
>THERAPY CLINICS IN THE  COUNTRY

Really.  Not from where we're sitting.  Jamie went to U of M after his first
neurologist gave up on him.  He couldn't tolerate Sinemet (the only drug the
doc prescribed).  By the time we got to their clinic, Jamie had gone to
another neurologist who prescribed Artane and Symmetral - and reduced his
dose of Sinemet.  Jamie then reviewed his med schedule and manipulated them
so that he could function - with the blessing of the second neurologist.
Since we already had the appointment with U of M, Jamie decided to try their
clinic in hopes that they had a miracle cure we were not privy to.  They
didn't.  In fact, the doctor who saw Jamie told him that he couldn't
construct a better medication protocol if he had to and sent us on our way -
to the cashier, of course - who said, $150 please.  It was the biggest waste
of money in Jamie's PD history.

The year was 1982.  Maybe things have changed.  We're not going back to find
out - and U of M is only 1 1/2 hours away.
------
Regards
Mary Ann (CG Jamie 59/19)