Dear Listmembers,

I need of some good idea about therapy of my mother Anna (70/64/62).

Her PD is rather difficult to care, because she is very sensitive to the
drugs:

if she add more  L-dopa, she has very painful and continuous dystonias;
if she add more Permax, she has visual hallucinations;
the trial of Requip was not satisfactory (few effective, with a lot of side
effects);
Tasmar, which was  working rather well, is not available in Italy after the
known accidents.

Actually she's taking on (amounts  per day):

Drugs
1. L-dopa (Madopar) 400 mg
2. Permax 1.5 mg
3. Amantadina 200 mg
4. Clozaril 12.5 mg

Antioxidants
1. Vitamin C 1g
2. Gingko biloba extract 90 mg
3. Coenzyme Q10 30 mg .

This therapy isn't enough to control well motor symptoms (she is often slow,
tired, etc.),  she isn't always free from hallucinations,  pain and
dystonias are tolerable.

Can someone suggest me anything? I think that my mother's doses are lower
than normal and I don't understand because she has so many side effects.

Is there anyone, trying Dr. Fazzini's  therapeutic schema with two agonists
together ( Permax and  Requip or Mirapex)?

I thank you very much.

Ciao!

Massimo Paolini
Roma, Italia