Has anyone had any experience or read studies regarding 5-HTP (hydroxy
tryptophan), an over the counter compound that is said to promote balanced
serotonin levels? And if yes, then does anyone know of any possible
conflicts with PD medications (my own being Sinemet CR 50/200 and Requip
1mg/3X). I am also taking Paxil for depression, which has worked well for
me for 1.5 years but seems to be faltering--hence my interest in 5HTP, as
well as Paxil dosage adjustments or trying another SSRI-class antidepressant.

I've been waking up at 3:30 or 4:00 a.m. and not going back to sleep--been
going on for a few weeks. Classic CD symptom, but not until this week have
I thought of that as a potential cause. My neurologist says this is not a
side effect of the meds I'm taking, and doesn't associate it with PD. But
from all I've heard on this list that's not the case. Any comments?

Rick
47, dx Jan. 1998