Dear listmembers--A son who is visiting his 79-year-old PWP mother in Ft.
Myers is trying to troubleshoot her care while he is in town this week.  He
lives in Tuscon, and his girlfriend in Tuscon (she is a friend of mine) got in
touch with me.

His mom was dx with PD "a few years ago" when she broke her hip.  I'm not sure
where she is living but she has staff from a care agency with her
24-hours/day.  Apparently, another son who lives in town has not been in tune
with her real needs.

Concerning L's mom's current situation, my friend writes:
<<They have Kelly People, most of whom seem to be CNA's, with her 24 hours a
day.  The consensus between them and Les and the RNs at the place she's living
is that she is overmedicated and needs range-of-motion physical  therapy (she
broke her hip a few years ago and that's when the Parkinsons was diagnosed).
She does have other medical problems - osteoarthritis? and I'm not sure what
else.  They did say that her heart is very strong and physically she's pretty
healthy, but her mental state leaves a lot to be desired.

L is taking his mom to a doctor (haven't heard what kind) on Friday.  I have
asked for a list of all her meds, and have recommended they find a MDS, if
possible.  I have also brought up the question of nutrition.

If anyone knows of MDS doctors in Fort Myers, Florida, or of any support
groups there that might be helpful, please advise and I will pass the info
along.

Is there anyone on the list who lives there?  Thanks.

Barbara Blake-Krebs in KS 58/44