In yesterday's paper, via Knight-Ridder news Service there is a report that
researchers at the University of Kentucky recently reported ( based on
stuidies in rats) that lowering caloric intake might provide a hedge
against brain-related disorderrs such as PD, Alzheimer's and  Huntington's
.  When they restricted food intake, the rats' brains were able to
withstand toxins that mimic the ravages of these diseases. (see Annals of
Neurology, January issue).

Interesting.   Especially in view of the trend for more and mora Americans
to be overweight!

P.S.---I'm not sure where this leaves us with our thread about chocolate,
Ken !   :-)

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 80/70/55
Oxford, Ohio

                        "Ask me about the CARE list for
                        Caregivers of Parkinsonians ! "