Gaylon:  Thanks for your input to my interest in PWP with income/pension
concerns. Your comments about the Bible were most appreciated - our life has
truly
been a living example of the Lord supplying our needs.
     I envy your family situation- though I  doubt I could have handled it as
lovingly-
I hope your sons realize that parents (or any caregiving situation) may be a
hard-
ship but never a burden. LOVE - the kind God provides makes the difference.  I
only
wish I had realized such love in my heart before my mother and father died.
Like so
 many I had been endoctrinated to "never wanting to be a burden to you..." and
at
the time I was still so lost and confused...
     My husband, of 23 years, worked together  24 hr./day in various self-
employed
enterprises, including his extensive contracting and my horse training - so it
has
been a new deal for me to be working away - especially since  he is
"classified"
as needing aid and attendance .  But, his progression has been slow and he is
independent enough to want to take care of himself for 8 hours or so while I
try to
persue career possibilities in teaching ( he used to teach himself -
recommended
I try it).  Everything is a little backwards for us ( me starting a career at
48?!) but
then I'm a Texas Aggie...
     Been  investigating home based opportunities for about 5 yr. - teaching
seems
most promising for truly gaining  financial independence eventually. I have my
app
in to ACSI  now and hope to persue Christian schools but public substituting
is sure
giving me a great education!
     Amen to the belief "God expects us to use our brain and abilities..."  -
and all
of my activities are geared toward helping my husband be active, alert and
wanting
to get up every morning.(George Burns was verification of his belief you have
to want
to get up and do something every day - quoted at age 98!)
     Unfortunately, the V.A. criteria does withdraw $ for $ amount anything I
make -
We had to pay back our "overpay" when he got on S.S. and it took them 5 months
to get adjusted, so I know what may be ahead , I don't know exactly when or
how
much at once - and am hoping to make an appeal for an individual exemption of
some kind - which I believe many people , especially in the PD boat , should
have
made available to them  in many  pension and assistance circumstances.  Don't
you think it would be good if we had some specific advocates for financial
concerns?
So far, financial concern discussions have been taboo- so this is a good
format
to get some real insights and possibilities discussed , I hope....

Ever an optomist...              Marie