On Mon, 11 Jan 1999 14:24:20 -0600 winnie carol gray
<[log in to unmask]> writes:
>Hi everyone--I am Carol Gray 58/diagnosed at 37.
>
>When I was told by my neurologist that I would hsve
>to have lab work every other week to stay on Tasmar
>I said "no way."  But after just a few days of cutting
>my dose to get off the Tasmar---the freezing and stiffness
>was much worse and I decided that whatever I had to do
>I would do to stay on Tasmar.  Folks --- to me the
>quality of my life is the most important thing!

Dear Carol,

My neurologist told me that NONE of his patients who benefit from Tasmar,
and this could be 15 to 20, he said, have stopped.
WhenI last had an office visit to be seen by him, we co-signed a release
form.  I am at what I feel is the maximum Tasmar my body can use.  I have
taken 11 months and slowly built up, with 50 mg doses consisting of 1/2
of a 100 mg pill per dose, now taken at   250 mg/day, or 5 halved pills
per day.

For me, Tasmar has been nothing short of amazing.  I am driving, even IN
SNOW and COLD weather.  I am less blocked intestinally.  Considering that
I can sometimes go from one dose of combined PD pills to another with, at
times, with nearly NO OFF-PERIOD, we must be doing something right.

I have been following many of the Tasmar posts.  What I see as crucial,
for good management, is slow increase from a tiny daily dose (25 mg or 50
mg) to a maximum, while the levodopa (in Sinemet, or Madopar, or
whatever) is reduced to avoid dyskinesia.

I'm mpt a docto, but I'm wondering how much in a dose, when you take a
dose of Tasmar.
Also, how far apart do you space your doses?

My Sinemet is down to 850 mg/day from 1600 mg/day.

IVAN SUZMAN

 Ivan Suzman        49/39/36       [log in to unmask]   :-)
 Portland, Maine   land of lighthouses     05 deg.. F.