On Thu 14 Jan, Callie M. Judd wrote:
> Maureen:  Thought I'd share my husband's exp. since he's 69 and has had it l2
> yr.
> His regimen involves presently,  600mg/day Sinimet Cr&l00st mixed
>                                                   l mg/day Cogentin (
> something few have mentioned but has always helped the tremors )
>                                                  l5 mg. Bromocriptine (
> recently added as an
> agonist- taking it slow - seems to be helping some)
> I have a  question to you- Why so much Sinimet?  The most we've taken(my
> husband asks when I'm going to start my doses, har,har)  is l000mg/day and
> work to minimize it.  When he feels overdosed, there seems to be more
> difficulties
> symptomatic to PD.  Sometimes we miss doses and seems to be better - but know
> we can't go to long with too little, but some variances help I think.
> Also, has he had a thyroid checkup for the possibilities of weight loss?
> Let me know, he's the first I've heard of on such high levels of Sinimet....
>
> Blessed to be with you all...
>
> Marie

Hello Marie, You ask why your huband takes as much as 600 mg/day of
Sinemet.  Well, the fact is, 600mg is actually lower than average, for
person who has 12 yrs under his belt. I think that you may have been
misled by the low intake of people who are relative newcomers to PD.
The diversity of people and dosages can be very confusing. I would say
that 800 to 900 mg /day of Sinemet is a fairly typical value. but of
course  individuals vary quite substatially from this average value.

Regards
--
Brian Collins  <[log in to unmask]>
  59yrs  diagnosed 39  First symptoms 33