I posted a message recently asking about a connection between PD, its
medication and skin cancer.
A big thanks to those who responded. It seems there is some connection
between levadopa and
melanomas. My next question is -- Is there also a connection between PD,
medications and the
more common basal cell carcinomas? My dermatologist and neurologist both
insist there isn't. They
don't think there's a problem because most basal cells aren't malignant.
The "problem" is my face is
becoming polka dotted with scars as a result of six carcinomas on it. My
lip had a basal cell
removed three times. It grew back twice and the third removal resulted
with a day long MOHS
micro graphic surgery. A chunk of lip was removed, about half an inch. I
now have a residual scar
and drink all liquids through a straw. There's a possibility the growth
is continuing. I'm waiting a few
more months to see if it continues to grow and then have more surgery.
I'm not complaining (well,
maybe). I'm not vain (well, maybe, that too)! I'm just wondering what to
do or what "can" I do? Any
ideas?

Yola Case
48/10