hi k-f

At 12:06 99/01/15 -0500, you wrote, in part:
>I would like to solicit comments on the effects of fatigue which PWP's
>experience. My wife Carline does reasonably well after rising in the
>morning and taking her Sinemet CR.

since it can take an hour for controlled release sinemet to 'kick-in'
this 'doing reasonably well' could be partly attributable to
the so-called 'sleep benefit' and not to the sinemet cr

>As the day progresses, however, the Sinemet becomes less  and less
>effective, even if the pills are taken at the normal, regular intervals.
>So in the afternoon she switches to the regular Sinemet and increases
>the frequency with which she takes it. Even though she does this, she
>becomes progressively more stiff as the evening progresses.

this sounds very much like an under-sinemetized state
where carline's pd symptoms of rigidity and slowness
are 'showing through'

>By 10:00PM or so she can barely move, essentially regardless of how
>much Sinemet she takes. (She is not overdosed as we have tried in
>addition to the higher doses also lower doses).

fine-tuning the pd benefits and the med side-effects
can be very exacting

have you tried keeping a detailed hour by hour diary
as recommended by brian collins?

>There is another curious effect which I have not seen discussed:
>Her face becomes flushed, red and her whole body seems to get very
>warm when this happens. The degree of "flushing" seems to be related
>directly how she feels. The worse she feels the redder her face.

i get the same thing when under-medicated!
it may be connected to genes
i am red-headed with freckles and my skin flushes easily

hope this helps

your and carline's cyber sibling

janet

[not a medico but a nosy parkie]

janet paterson - 51 now /41 dx /37 onset - almonte/ontario/canada
<http://www.newcountry.nu/pd/members/janet/index.htm>