Fatiguability is a common feature of PD.  It also hold true--at least, for me
and several other PWP's with whom II have discussed the subject, that the more
you exert yourself physically,. the faster you use up your meds.  If you are
stressed, that, too, uses up your meds faster.  Conversely, whern I am in a
very good mood and relaxed, my meds last  longer.
Re your wife's redness in her face during her off periods, have you checked
her blood pressure?  I recently learned that my BP shoots up when I'm off.
Marty Polonsky