Bill Harrington wrote:

>          Hi: I just had a smalll mole-like thing taken off m neck,
> it was basal cell carcinoma. Now, suddenly I find dozens of small
> itchy red patches across my shoulders and middle back. I havw
> had two previous bumps taken off that were also  cancerous.
> Should I be worried, my doctor doesn't seem to be.I'm also
> getting severe back pain. Comments invited.

Basal and squamous carcinomas possibly are related to the seborrhea
(excessive oiliness) mentioned in Duvoisin's excellent book for PD
patients. Since my diagnosis of PD I've had numerous little skin
growths, usually on scalp, face or neck, removed by "freezing" with
liquid nitrogen, and it seems common among other PWP I have met.
However, all the recent discussion here and in the various science
references was about melanoma, a different kind of skin cancer which
is dangerous because it may quickly metastasize to vital organs. It's
believed due entirely to ultraviolet radiation in excessive sun
exposure, but suggestions of another cause such as a drug or chemical
have come up from time to time. Cheers,
Joe
--
J. R. Bruman   (818) 789-3694