---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 1999 13:41:15 -0500
From: Nancy S. Vidal <[log in to unmask]>
To: Barbara Patterson <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: trouble getting message on list-

THANK YOU for your HELP.
I type in the message and does not get posted.  Maybe I'm typing in the
wrong address.  I joined your list awhile ago and and have learned much
about PWP (I stopped trying to get my message on list-but here I am again).
I'm a speech pathologist and my most dear patients have been PWP.  My mother
is 59 diagnosed 6 yrs..ago, lives in Queens, NY; I live in NYC.  She works
full time as a computer operator, tremors are fairly controlled throughout
the day but surface at night, dystonia of one foot happens sometimes in the
early a.m.(toes curl up), and stops by the time her medication keeps in
(accord. to the doctor).  We both get the literature from the Parkinsons
foundation.  Two questions on behalf of my mom are:  1)  Is there an
exercise group for PWP with mild to moderate involvement in NYC?  2)  Is it
common to feel a sensation of the "intestines blowing up," "nausea,"
"despair" and 'back pain"?-she says the back pain eases with exercise.
Yours and the list members responses are appreciated.  Nancy