Dear List-family....

The reporter for the Los Angeles Daily News who recently
wrote an excellent and compassionate article about young
onset PD, and interviewed myself and several other Parkies to include
comments from US -- people who actually LIVE with PD to back up her
comments -- would like to contact PWP *RUTH ASHLEY,* for an interview
as she (the reporter) is now working on an article about people
who've had experimental surgery only to find that while they ended up
HAVING surgery,  their operation turned out to be a sham, a
"placebo-surgery-that-looks-like-the-bona-fide-surgery-but-isn't.

In addition to Ruth, if any other PWP has been a participant in a
similar kind of surgical experiment, and found out at a later date
that they too had a "placebo-surgery," rather than the real thing,
The reporter would like to interview YOU, too.

IF any List member knows Ruth's email address (presuming she has one)
or can give me her phone number to pass onto the reporter, it would
really be appreciated.

If YOU have been part of the above referenced surgical experience or
one like in (your OWN experience - not anecdotal stories about
someone else, please), and would like to share your story with
someone whom I consider to be a cut above the average reporter,
please drop me an email and include your email address, phone number,
what time zone you live in (Pacific time?  Mountain time, etc.) and
what time is the best time to phone ya.

I'll then forward your messages onto the reporter, and she'll most
likely contact you (THAT'S up to HER tho... not up to ME.  I know
nothing about this potential article nor do I represent the Daily
News)

Thanks in advance to those of ya who respond to this message.

Barb Mallut