Dear friends,

How  unimaginably strange that on Martin Luther King Day, a single PWP
who is a former MLK Holiday Committee Chairman is being threatened by
foreclosure and loss of his PD-adapted home, because of  his current
insufficient income. That former MLK Chairperson (1985-1986) is me .

I am fighting the corporation lawyers of the City of Portland,Maine. I am
trying to be recognized as eligible for a poverty abatement of my
property taxes and my sewer " availability " fees.  (The sewer line was
put in on my road 7 years ago, but I meanwhile am one of 111 homeowners
with a nearly new septic system which  pre-dates the sewer line back to
1983, and which works perfectly).I pay to maintain my septic, but the
City in 1995 started charging us non-users for the sewer's potential
availability. I can't afford this unnecessary bill.

The Maine poverty abatement law recognizes "infirmity" as a basis for
abatement (lowering the amount due) of both taxes and sewer.

Any comments would be appreciated.  The City of Portland has scheduled
dispossession of my home on Feb 18.

I have been trying to get an attorney  who will listen to me for 18
months, still unsuccessfully.

Not one wants to take on City Hall.

Thank you for your comments,

I AM STRESSED!