Ivan, there must be a neighborhood association or a group of irate citizens
you could join. In addition to this there are usually lawyers who will accept
these cases. Even court appointed lawyers do not want to lose this type of
case. I live in Texas and therefore do not know much about the inner workings
of  Maine, but somewhere, somehow there are methods to fight this. Someone
there should help you look for them. Texas has its troubles but not without
some kind of solution or method of  fighting back. Do you have a neighborhood
association. If this foolishness has been fought and the case lost i don't
know how much more effort a neighbor association would put into it, but there
has to be something that can be done. Good Luck , Nita