Hi everyone my name is Glenn Thompson,i live in torbay newfoundland
andhave just recently been dx'd with parkinsons.I have been searching
for info and support groups on this disease,also i have been trying to
find information on the connection between carbon monoxide poisioning
and pd as i was exposed to severe carbon monoxide for 8 years,by the way
iam only 34.also what form of help is out there with regards to
dissability,i had to give up my career as a heavy equiptment mechanic
and am starting school next monday doing information technology.i
managed to get hrdc to fund50% of the course,and i had toget a student
loan for the other 7500.00,through a strange set of circumstances my
former employer managed to get around my insurance plan,because i was
forced to leave my job with a doctors recomendation to retrain, and not
knowing any different at the time, i did that, and thus lost my drug
plan plus my short and long term dissability plan..does anyone have any
suggestions for me as to a good approach for me to take?any help would
be greatly appreciated...and i hope to hear alot more from you allo, i
think this may be just what i have been looking for..bye for now...

Glenn