Carol,

I have been so close to having a pallidotomy, but wanted to be sure. I had
been disappointed in what I had seen in those that I knew personally who had
had one. Yet, they assured me that they were helped tremendously!
 However, I'm glad I waited, tho the implant approval comes slowly, I believe
it to be  the best solution for me.  I am hoping that that the STNDBS will be
approved soon for PWP's other than those with tremor(for whom it is now
approved). I am on the list for it at Mayo-Jacksonville whenever approval is
given.  I cannot afford it without Medicare/Insurance approval.

Perhaps if you can hang on for a while longer, that approval will come in
time!

Ruth Clark