Ivan,

>I'll say NO to injections of apomorphine.
>Sounds frightening. I am terrified of having needles stuck in me.  I
>don't have a regular "carer" who could do this anyway.

My mother was on apomorphine trials in 1990/91, and she was on continuous
infusion via a little pump (same ones they use for morphine infusion).
Needed to be changed once or twice a day, which we generally did (you had
to dilute it and the pump was a little awkward).

Some other people on the trial had lots of small needles prepared which
they injected regularly (hourly? every few hours? - can't remember). These
needles were originally designed for diabetics I think.

Generally, apomorphine was a *very* beneficial thing for us, improved Mum's
quality of life and drastically reduced the overall amount of medication
mum was on. The only downside is the "nodules" that are created under the
skin, because apomorphine is an irritant. Apparently they weren't painful,
but we did have to rotate the injection site.

There was a lady on the trial who was sniffing, but I don't know how she
got on.

Simon
--------- My opinions are my own, NIP's opinions are theirs ----------
Simon J. Coles                                 Email: [log in to unmask]
New Information Paradigms                  Work Phone: +44 1344 778783
http://www.nipltd.com/                     Work Fax:   +44 1344 772510
=============== Life is too precious to take seriously ===============