hi james

At 14:20 99/01/19 +0000, you wrote:
>As a computer scientist beginning work in the area of movement disorders,
>I am particularly interested in studying the diagnosis and evaluation of
>Parkinsons sufferers through the use of handwriting analysis. Is there
>anyone out there who is currently working on research in this field, or
>who has been a subject in these trials? If so, I would be particularly
>interested in mailing you. I believe that early diagnosis and effective,
>accurate evaluation are the cornerstones of therapy and treatment,
>particularly in Parkinsons, with its random and unstable spread of
>symptoms. I hope you have something useful, but even if you do not;
>                hello to everybody, and best wishes,
>                        James G. Clacher

your investigative bent appeals to me
handwriting analysis seems only too logical in re evaluating pd

in retrospect, pre-diagnosis,
my handwriting was a crystal clear daily diary of my physical decline

i maintained a handwritten record
of long distance phone calls in a steno pad;
flipping through the pages, week after week, month after month
was like watching a living silent movie of pd's persistent approach

i have done a preliminary search at the PubMed website
at:
for references to clinical studies on this topic
using the criteria "parkinson AND handwriting"
and was given a list of over 64 abstracts describing such studies
in the medical journals

the key ones seem to point toward using handwriting analysis
as a means of evaluating the ons and offs of responses to medication

using handwriting analysis as a diagnostic tool for pd
might bring a brilliant new aspect
to a difficult 'guessing game'

i will post the PubMed results in a separate message

i do hope that you will share any other responses with us

your cyber-sibling

janet

janet paterson - 51 now /41 dx /37 onset - almonte/ontario/canada
http://www.newcountry.nu/pd/members/janet/index.htm