Ivan....DONE!!   By this a.m., I had had it up to here with increased rigidity
and emailed my neuro.  The upshot is I am going back on the Tasmar this
evening!  I dropped it   due to the liver warnings, but my quality of life was
dipping much too low...in terms of daily productivity and doing for myself.

Not that there were no problems while on Tasmar...I was trying to adjust my
other meds even before I went off Tasmar...but...I wasn't having  to lean on
my husband, literally, much at all. like I have recent evenings!

Maybe when something else becomes available, Iike Remacemide which I seemed to
respond favorably to in phase I trials, I'll switch from Tasmar.  In the
meantime, I'll be going in for regular blood  work.

Thanks for writing and for plugging my weekly radio show, which has aired
since 1989.  I haven't hosted it myself in awhile...I function more as an
Executive and Creative Producer these days.

Barbara Blake-Krebs in KS 58/1984

<<Gee Whiz, Barb Blake-Krebs!

We can't have our List's only PWP who is a weekly radio host suffering
from new rigidity!  That won't do!

If you were better ON it, how about going back on Tasmar, but in 50 mg
increments to build slowly up to a tolerable and beneficial level?  The
Seeses wrote me, as have others, wonder what you think?  My neuro and I
signed a release to continue.  I am not having any problems--but I would
if I dropped the Tasmar!!  I would say, ask your neuro to re-evaluate
ASAP.

Ivan

On Mon, 11 Jan 1999 08:50:42 EST Barbara Blake-Krebs <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
>Judith Richards wrote, in part:
><<<<<<
> I also think he was taken off Tasmar too quickly. We have also heard
from others who had freezing problems when they were coming off Tasmar,
but
>none as severe as what our friend was experiencing.
>since stopping my two Tasmars/day, and am trying  to decide what to do.
I did
>not realize others may be likewise affected.  Do you get over it??  My
other
>meds are Sinemet/Mirapex/Xanax/Amitriptyline.
>
>Barbara Blake-Krebs in KS  58/44

 Ivan Suzman        49/39/36       [log in to unmask]   :-)
 Portland, Maine    land of lighthouses       48   deg. F   :-)