 Ivan Suzman        49/39/36       [log in to unmask]   :-)
 Portland, Maine    land of lighthouses       46 deg. F   :-)
Word has just reached me that PWP  Glenna Wotton Atwood, of Hampden,
Maine, the author of Living Well With Parkinson's, the "Bible" for many
families coping with Parkinson's, passed away on November 25th.
  She was a member of the Bangor, Maine APDA support group, and is known
internationally.  She went to the first meeting of my own support group
in 1992, with her husband Blaine.  He continues to be active in the
Bangor support group and beyond.
   Her death has been attributed to a heart condition.  Her Parkinson's
had been advancing in the last two years. Blaine was the President of the
Maine PD support groups until Carl Barker of Falmouth, husband of PWP
Nancy Barker,  assumed that position in 1995.
    Blaine Atwood still has copies @$15.95 of Glenna's book.  He can be
reached at their home,

32 Ledgewood Drive
Hampden, Maine 04444