Rick,
If I'm not mistaken, L-tryptophan is one of the naturally occurring substances
involved in the body's production of dopamine.  At the advice a nutritionist,
I took L-tryptophan tablets for several years, with no impact on my PD.  When
it failed to work, my nutritionist then wanted to add granulated lecithin,
which--I think--is also involved in the natural prod. of dopamine.   I bowed
out at that point and ended my relationship with my nutritionist, for a
variety of reasons, but who knows.....?  I was uncomfortable with the fact
that my nutritionist seemed to reach his conclusions alone, with minimal
evidence.  But it interests me that you have followed a similar path--or, I
think you have:  for all I know , there's no functional relationship between
L-tryptophan and hydroxy tryptophan.  And I invite anyone out there to correct
any biochemical misinformation that I may have inadvertently conveyed .
Rrick, I have had problems with early waking ever since I've had PD, and it
seems  to be pretty common.  I take 2 sleeping meds and a good night is when I
sleep 4-5 hours straight and then cat-nap until a reasonable time to get out
of bed.
Marty Polonsky