Members, I apologized to Robert through private e-mail. I had forgotten
that he was a Neurologist. I have been a member of this list for about
three years. I don't get much time to write.
 What I told to Robert, I would like to explain to the group. Not
only do I have a father with Parkinson's, but I also have (had?) a
child with autism.
 I pursued an interest in digestive disorders. Despite the fact, that
most everyone thought that autism was due to bad wiring in the brain.
 Last year my interest paid off, and it landed me on Dateline last
September. What happened was I found a doctor to give us a peptide
hormone after I learned of another child's recovery. My son went from
severely autistic to barely developmentally delayed. This peptide
hormone had been used for over 50 year for the study of pancreatic
insufficiency. It had little if any therapeutic value. Because of my
experience, and the new knowledge that digestive disorders (improper
breakdown of digestive enzymes) or pancreatic insufficiency can cause
autism, then it doesn't sound unreasonable to me that a liver disorder
could cause Parkinson's disease. My father as you might can understand
wouldn't be surprised if his disease was caused by something going
wrong in the liver, he has witnessed what a peptide hormone has done
for his grandson.    Best, Linda