My son has just called me from school. He was complaining of a s0ore neck when
he sent off this morning. Now apparently it is stiff, and agony to move. He
cannot swallow  Apparently the back of his neck is red and swollen. He has a
slight headache. Doesn't think he has a fever. He has chronic acholasia (sp?)
which has been playing up badly lately.
The weather is not as bad as the rest of the country, but we have freezing
rain that is icing up everywhere, and expected to continue. I don't drive, and
I don't think he should with that neck, and conditions as they are.  And I
don't think I have enuff cash for a cab1
The health clinic is closed for lunch - even their emergency no. is closed for lunch.
I don't have medical insurance to pay for ambulalnce or hospital emergency room.
How urgent is he that he see a doctor? Do his symptoms ring any bells that
indicate that he needs immediate treatment, or can we wait till tomorrow?
I know  I cannot get professional diagnosis, but I'm kinda panicking, and a
word or two of advice would help!
Hilary Blue