> Barbara Blake-Krebs wrote:
>
> Gerry...You raise a good question when you ask what
>
> is in this drug to cause a patient to have increased
>
> rigidity/freezing when withdrawing the drug.

I suspect that likely the drug  attaches itself to liver tissues and the
why's and how's are yet to be ascertained.  I believe our neuro has just
about taken all her patients off  Tasmar which caused an occasional
regressions such as with my wife.  But I have been told that 2 or 3 of
her patients have suffered toxic reactions to Tasmar, and it was decided
that the risk/benefit ratio was not worth endangering lives.  No one
has  been able to respond to the question I had with regard to reversing
the toxic effect
of Tasmar with immediate cessation of the drug upon noting a initial
increase in the level of liver enzymes.  Actually, a tightening of the
dose schedule and a slight increase in the dosage of Sinemet,
accompanied by a small daily dose of Ambien seemed
to ease the regression.  The addition of Ambien (a soporific) aids in
stabilizing the medication.

Michel Margosis