Dear Janet and Judith:  I for one have documented all the correspondence about
Joe  you have given.  Your plight reminded me of my own lost and frustrated
feelings
when my husband was in the hospital several years ago (two different times)
and
ran into similar  attitudes and insensitivities from hospital pesonnel.  He
was having
hernia repairs which were considered no more serious than having a tooth
pulled,
but it was the first time in his life my husband had been hospitalized, much
less
anesthitized and we were both fearful about the unknown.  I actually had to
get
nasty and aggressive (way against my nature) to get him his PD meds and we
were relatively new to the disease and didn't really know how critical
anything was.
      My mother was a nurse while I was growing up and I wish I'd been more
sen-
sitive because she was often totally dejected and frustrated at the poor
attitude
among the co-workers, nurses and doctors, in their compassion toward their
work.
I know now what she was talking about and living through and wish so much I
could hug her for her sensitivity and true heartfelt compassion - I do in my
heart
so very often -  Perhaps we can all hug Joe in our hearts for the
insensitivity he
passed through and resolve to deal with every new day in a better way to all
we
still have with us...       Thank you so much for your story  and  I hope
                                   sharing your burden with us  gives you
strength for
                                    handling your trials!

Love                 Marie