Friends-- I appreciate the most recent info from John about the way the web
version of Parkinsn operates.  And I agree that if we think of our present
list ( or anything on the internet) as "private" we are not being
realistic.  I hope that  the discomfort many have expressed will be eased
by this explanation, and by the knowledge that Barbara P. was involved in
the change. Perhaps the reaction to the new mode of operating indicates we
should leave the "reply to sender" option in place?

My only concern is that as a matter of *process and good order* the
explanation should have accompanied the announcement, which might have
avoided a lot of distress and anxiety.  Whether members have a "say" in how
things operate  or not,  being informed beforehand of changes contemplated
seems desirable, as a courtesy if nothing else.  I hope that any of us who
have questions which were not answered by John's post will not hesitate to
raise them, and that John will not see that as an attack, but as a way to
clarify what for many of us less -cyber-sophisticated souls
is a mystifying  subject.

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 80/70/55
Oxford, Ohio

                        "Ask me about the CARE list for
                        Caregivers of Parkinsonians ! "