At 00:50 1999/01/23 -0500, bruce anderson wrote:
>I have received about 10 very thoughtful, heartfelt, enlightening posts re
>my request.  All but one or two went directly to me.  Under the old system
>all would have had the benefit.  List volume was kept down, but at a cost.
>
>BBA
>PS THANKS! to those who helped me out.

hi bruce

the private vs shared issue is a big concern to me

the sharing and caring
which i thought was the basic purpose of the list
seems to be sliding out of reach
bit by bit

buckets can be filled or emptied
drop by drop

for those interested in calculating statistics
80 percent of the shared [and stored = archived] knowledge and help
that bruce gained
after he was generous enough to share with us
by being so unusually forthrightly open
about needing antidepressants
has vanished into the ether

there was virtually no sharing of grief over joe's untimely passing
which i cannot help comparing to the outpouring over alan's passing

joe wasn't known personally to us in the same way that alan bonander was
but the circumstances surrounding joe's passing
are of vital import to all of us

i feel sad and disappointed
and un-family-like

janet

ps
from a slightly different angle
all of the 'fix-it' and 'tweak-it' suggestions or actions
have come from male listmembers...
does "home improvement" [more power!] ring any bells?

janet paterson - 51 now /41 dx /37 onset - almonte/ontario/canada
http://www.newcountry.nu/pd/members/janet/index.htm