Dear Jay:   I just read your "thoughts" and decided I wanted to thank you for
message I feel so many people need to read and think about.  Hope you don't
mind me putting it in my file for future reference, since I hope to write
commercially
someday, and I feel your feelings need to be expressed in as many ways
possible
for the public's benefit.  Since I am the caregiver for my husband ( who was
told he
shouldn't have PD, he was too young, at age 56) I have a different perspective
about
the whole problem, but my husband and I are so close spiritually, I feel I
know first
hand the very sensations and frustrations you are dealing with.
      I want to thank you because, though there is a place and time for light-
hearted
optimism, there is a need for discussion of the serious nature of the beast,
and I
feel the two ideas are out of balance in their quantity of heart felt
discussion and
conveyance, especially to family members.  It seems taboo to answer "how ya'
doing?" with a "not worth a damn , you feel like listening to my problems
about
a day,hour,minute?  Everyone is careful to time their contacts in such as way
as
to not be too imposed on - Did you perhaps get a chance to ask your daughter
if
she minded if you explained in more depth the real scope of how it may feel to
her
to even imagine what life with PD could be like?  It's encourageing to hear
some
family does try, however humble, since our families won't even make contact
about
it, and seem to be scared  that he might become the proverbial burden to them.
     Your not alone, and I hope to hear more of your realism(certainly not
without
humor and hope) within the  visible  world-              Marie     CG for
69/57/55