1. Has anyone had a bad reaction to Requip?  I started on it, slowly, a
month ago. I went t the full I mg dose three times a day from 3/4 mg 5 days
ago.  The day before yesterday my voice, which has been one of my biggest
problems for a couple of years, suddenly got much worse  - to the point
where I am suddenly virtually unintelligible.  Besides the dramatic change
in my voice, I just feel out of sorts, kind of a sick feeling, although not
at all dramatic.

I have to say that I may have one of the PD+ diseases so none of you might
be able to relate  to my situation. A test in December eliminated PSP,
Progressive Supranuclear Palsy, as a suspect  but there are other
candidates.   None of the drugs work for me. I have tried Permax, Mirapex,
Tasmar and now Requip.  None has helped my inability to walk unaided and my
terrible gait; my serious speech problem (I had Lee Silverman therapy about
9 months ago - it seemed to help at first but it's been downhill all the way
for me up to this latest episode), my poor posture  & back ache, as well as
my now near blindness much of the time from blephrospasnm in both eyes.   I
don't have ON's & OFF's & no tremors. I do have some of the other PD
symptoms, though.

I am probably grasping at straws in hoping this is a reaction to Requip, but
not being able to be understood at all now is very distressing - as is the
possibility I don't even belong here with you folks [distressing to me
anyway]

2.  I am having an MRI on Tuesday.  Like a dummy I didn't even ask my doctor
what this is supposed to tell him.  The prescription form says Rx MRI of the
brain, without gadolinium, Dx  atypical Parkinson;s Disease.  Does anyone
know if this will be at all definitive as to what I have?

THANKS TO ANYONE WHO CAN SHED ANY LIGHT ON THESE 2 THINGS FOR ME!!
B. Bruce Anderson (53, 5)
Schooley's Mtn., NJ