>===== Original Message From Bruce Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
=====
Bruce, sounds like you really have your hands full. Our prayers are with you
>1. Has anyone had a bad reaction to Requip?
SNIP
> The day before yesterday my voice, which has been one of my biggest
>problems for a couple of years, suddenly got much worse  - to the point
>where I am suddenly virtually unintelligible.  Besides the dramatic change
>in my voice, I just feel out of sorts, kind of a sick feeling, although not
>at all dramatic.
>
>I have to say that I may have one of the PD+ diseases so none of you might
>be able to relate  to my situation. A test in December eliminated PSP,
>Progressive Supranuclear Palsy, as a suspect  but there are other
>candidates.   None of the drugs work for me. I have tried Permax, Mirapex,
>Tasmar and now Requip.  None has helped my inability to walk unaided and my
>terrible gait; my serious speech problem (I had Lee Silverman therapy about
>9 months ago - it seemed to help at first but it's been downhill all the way
>for me up to this latest episode), my poor posture  & back ache, as well as
>my now near blindness much of the time from blephrospasnm in both eyes.   I
>don't have ON's & OFF's & no tremors. I do have some of the other PD
>symptoms, though.
>
>I am probably grasping at straws in hoping this is a reaction to Requip, but
>not being able to be understood at all now is very distressing - as is the
>possibility I don't even belong here with you folks [distressing to me
>anyway]
My purpose in replying to this posting is to assure you that you do "belong"
here and you will be welcome here. If it turns out that you don't have PD. You
might even be lucky enough to find out that you have something cureable. In
any event, GOOD LUCK

>2.  I am having an MRI on Tuesday.  Like a dummy I didn't even ask my doctor
>what this is supposed to tell him.  The prescription form says Rx MRI of the
>brain, without gadolinium, Dx  atypical Parkinson;s Disease.  Does anyone
>know if this will be at all definitive as to what I have?
>
>THANKS TO ANYONE WHO CAN SHED ANY LIGHT ON THESE 2 THINGS FOR ME!!
>B. Bruce Anderson (53, 5)
>Schooley's Mtn., NJ

Bob Chapman 65/4

Bob Chapman 65/61/45