Dear Barbara,
Thank you for your welcome letter.  I am Jennifer Smith and was
diagnosed with PD just about a month ago.  I am still waiting to see a
neurologist near where I live in NC since I was diagnosed in CA.  I am
41 years old and have had escalating symptoms for nearly a year.  I was
originally misdiagnosed with Panic Disorder and put on a myriad of
antidepressants and sedatives, all of which had terrible side effects
and little to no success in alleviating my symptoms.  A question I have
is how many others out there have had similar experiences.  I spent a
little time on a pwp chat channel and found that when I asked the same
question, the board lit up with many responses confirming that this is a
very common misdiagnosis.  If that is the case, what is the problem with
the medical community that they seem to completely overlook PD as a
possibility, especially in younger patients?
Thank you again for welcoming me and I look forward to being a part of
this list.
Jennifer