First, I would like to thank John Cottingham for all his time and effort
expended in creating his very professional-looking web location for the
list messages.  I know it must have taken hours and hours of work and
thought to do such an excellent job.  I would also like to thank John
because he is paying for this out of his own restricted income.

Second, I would like to apologize to the list-members for not informing
all of you that this was going to take place.  It honestly never occured
to me.  John and I have discussed this off and on for years.  All it
amounts to is an abbreviated archive limited to 200 messages which is
designed to make it easier for those members with limited time to follow
the last few days' messages.  There is NO change to the list itself.  In
my welcome message to each new member, the archives of the list are
mentioned.  Janet Paterson (thank you Janet) frequently refers to the
archives to supply information.  As you will see in the message below,
the University of Toronto is upgrading the software so the archives of
the list will once again be available to us through UofT.

Third...the survey re the former and current 'reply' feature, looks, so
far, to be overwhelmingly for the current setup although several people
who prefer the former setup have identified what could be very
significant problems.  I will try to get the results to you early this
week.

Fourth...re 'ownership' of the parkinsn list.  Technically, that's me.
In fact, it's all of us.  As I have said before (and will probably say
again) the parkinsn list means too much to too many people for anyone to
attempt to direct it or divert it.  It's an 'information exchange' about
pd.  It's some members' only point of contact with the pd community. Each
member takes from it and gives back to it what is important to them.  YOU
make it what it is.

Fifth, et al... I do NOT intend to 'pull the plug' on the list.  Also, as
John C. said, if the newest expansion of the list causes problems, it is
easily stopped...but let's give it a try.  Again, I am sorry if the
'surpise' caused anyone any worry....will try to ensure that everyone is
kept up to date on any changes.

Barb