hi murray et al

At 06:55 1999/01/25 -0700, you wrote:
>Kathy, you wrote.........
>I went to http://www.dogpile.com and typed in striatonigral
>degeneration.  The search engines returned 134 hits.  I have to go to
>work now so I won't have time to look but this should be a starting
>point for those interested with spare time.

i am smitten by the new google search engine at:
<http://www.google.com>
which claims and, so far, produces on the claim
to conduct 'smart' searches so as to return only the best matches

here are the first 10 matches that i found there for
"striatonigral degeneration"

---------------------------
Subject: Google Search: striatonigral degeneration
At least 97 matches for striatonigral degeneration
Showing results 1-10, Search took 19.32 seconds

Parkinson Glossary
www.cfn.cs.dal.ca/Health/NSPF/glossary.html

MRI of the Brain
www.gcnet.com/maven/aurora/mri/brain.html

Stereotactic Pallidotomy
www.neuronet.pitt.edu/groups/ctr-image/ssfmd_sp.html

Free Stuff - Free Health Care! - Chapter Index
www.thirdage.com/freestuff/health/i_chap21.html

Patient 22 selftest
www.bcm.tmc.edu/neurol/challeng/pat22/selftest.html

Baylor Neurology Case of the Month
www.bcm.tmc.edu/neurol/challeng/pat22/summary.html

VI: Degenerative Diseases of the CNS
www.borg.labmed.umn.edu/PathClass/5102/neuro/clark6.html

N.P.F. / The Parkinson Report
www.parkinson.org/atrophy.htm

Anatomy, histology & embryology
www.parthpub.com/blurbs/1-85070-943-2.html

Pathology of Degenerative CNS Diseases
telpath2.med.utah.edu/WebPath/TUTORIAL/CNS/CNSDG.html

i haven't checked the links directly
but the list looks pretty 'smart' to me with one possible exception

janet

janet paterson - 51 now /41 dx /37 onset - almonte/ontario/canada
http://www.newcountry.nu/pd/members/janet/index.htm