George, Walter, et al....

SOME of us who've been well know in the recent past for authoring
copious amounts of List mail each day (not half bad, either!) <smile>
have been (obviously) self-monitoring AND self-limiting the number of
emails we post to the List.

 I've voluntarily cut my volume of responses to questions asked by
fellow List-members, cut my quips and teasing posts, and you'll
hardly ever see me originating new topics any more.

This self-monitoring/limiting has cut the volume my of outgoing
List-mail by more than half since last July (or there abouts).  My
motivation was the number of complaints posted (not made directly TO
me, so I don't know if any were meant FOR me) about the high volume
of  List-messages posted each day.

Being a verbose, loquacious (and occasionally redundant) <grin>
individual, and also a fairly PD-savvy one, having lived with this
thang for 24 years already, my  natural instinct  is to REPLY when I
see a question I can answer, to educate when there's the opportunity,
and to joke and tease when the List-mood appears to become blue and
the collective spirit of the group feels like it needs a virtual
tickle.

Mostly I've backed off from all the complaints and fussing the List
has been plagued by over the last few months.  I've noticed, tho,
that a great many of the complainers have been lurkers who speak up
that once to complain, and then go back into hiding, leaving the
currently active List-members scrambling to "fix" whatever was
complained about.

Hey folks.... have ANY of ya ever heard "Too many cooks spoil the
broth?"  Well, in MY opinion, the PD-List has got waaaay too many
"cooks" in the virtual-List-kitchen right now and the broth IS
tasting kinda spoiled!"  YUCK!!

Barb Mallut