 Ivan Suzman        49/39/36       [log in to unmask]   :-)
 Portland, Maine    land of lighthouses        28   deg. F   :-)
  Dear List members and onlookers on-the-net,

   With John Cottingham's wonderful work that puts the Parkinson's List
on-line, comes a  rather  great concern. Does the intimacy and family
life of our List get eroded if the posts we send are on-the-net?  I am
afraid this might be somewhat intimidating to List members, whose way of
writing or whose questions do not really belong out in the world domain.

   With great appreciation and all due respect to John, I wonder if this
issue can be discussed, URGENTLY.  I am not so sure that the openness now
achieved ,and the accessibility and sophistication now accomplished, is
the best solution for a List with unique, family-like exchanges..

   There are situations that I might write about when I wouldn't mind if
the whole world can peek and learn, but there truly are many topics and
situations about which I would like to write to the List only, without
the web access that has now occurred.

    I hope my comments can be discussed as soon as possible, for I am
somewhat unsure how much to reveal or discuss on the LIst now. I would
bemoan with great regret the loss of intimate and casual, yet extremely
informative sharing that I feel inevitably comes with our List being
on-line.

    SIncerely,

    (Prof.) Ivan Mfowethu Suzman
     Portland, Maine     USA