Ivan,
Thank you for speaking up.  I was feeling
mildly uncomfortable with this announcement myself.  I have been a
member of this list for only 6 or 7 months and am just beginning to
trust this remarkable group of people, and I am not certain what this
new 'exposure' might mean in terms of feeling safe  about some
topics....logically I suppose that feeling does not make  sense (after
all it IS a feeling!) due to the fact that the archives --if I am not
mistaken--are accessible to  anyone, member or not.  It gives me 'stage
fright', which, I do understand, is a personal problem!!  I appreciate
the opportunity to confess.

Ivan, your call for discussion has me reconsidering  my opinion
regarding the new set up of the list, for which I was in favor, because
it felt safer to me to write and reply to one person (again illogical,
but!), as well as reducing the number of posts so new members don't feel
intimidated and overwhelmed.   This new development adds a perspective
that REALLY scares me and reveals to me the privacy and priveledge of
belonging to this list.

Wincing <ouch> as I post this to THE
ENTIRE LIST,
Rebecca (the reticent)