Hi Susan and list: I had my pallidotomy done in Vacncouver General
Hospital by Dr. Turnbull. That was I thinkclose to four years ago.
After the initial problems resulting from them trying to drastically
reduce my meds too quickly it turned out great physically. I was going
through an emotional seperation and did some strange things. Along the
lines of obsessive ckpulsive behaviour. I was able to reduce my dosages
marginally, but found the severe dyskinesia and freezing periods, were
vary rare.I have had some severe emotional problems, which I think may
have a tie to the surgery, or/and the huge amonunts of parlodel and
other drugs I'm taking.I now am getting painfull stiffness in my lower
back and right shoulder blad that I pray is not related to the basal cell
carcinoma they cut off my neck. I have memory problems and definite
loss of some cognitive power and speech problems. What else? Personality
changes. Anxiety attacks have retrurned but overall phyasically I'd say
I'm 50-60% improved, emotionally/mentally I'd say I've deteriorated
35-40%, in terms of haappiness, lest just say I'd rather have my familly
back.
Bill