Putting our messages on a web page has decreased privacy only from
the point of view of convenience.  As has been pointed out,
everything anyone posted to PARKINSN has been accesible via Simon
Coles' PARKINSN archive web page.  Privacy exists only as long as
anyone whom we don't want reading our stuff doesn't think to look
there.

What I believe will happen now is that references to PARKINSN
messages on John's web page will be indexed by and retrievable via
the internet seach engines such as Altavista and Lycos.  This will
increase general accessibility, because there is no longer the need
to know about and go into the archives.

I would think that privacy would be better achieved by use of a
pseudonym.

What bothers me more than privacy is that every stupid or hasty
thing I wish I never wrote will be that much more available.

Phil Tompkins
Hoboken NJ
age 61/dx 1990