Barb,
I disagree with your not writing, or self limiting the mail you send.  For
one thing, I enjoy the silly items as much or more than the scientific
papers etc.  While I do read all the e-mail posted on the list, that is my
choice.  As long as the subject is updated when someone replies to an
e-mail, I have the option of deleting the mail w/o opening if that is my
choice.  I was very depressed last week when the topic switched to trying
wine, ice cream etc. as a pd preventative, and in reading the replies and
sending silly ones, I was able to get out of my mindset, and go work an 80hr
week.  That is worth a lot, even if my neuro wasn't real pleased.  For those
who don't wish to receive all the e-mails during the day, isn't there a
command to download them as a group?  I can't talk to many (any) one locally
about how I feel since being diagnosed 3 months ago...as the joke I sent
yesterday said, Please delivery me some e-mail.  I normally reply to
specific questions individually rather than the list unless I feel what I
have to say is useful to all.  However, as I told Ivan yesterday, any time
anyone feels that my comments would be of assistance to someone else, by all
means use them.
Finally, for the folks concerned with others reading/seeing their
e-mail...it can be done whether it's on the list or the web.  Look at how
the e-mails were recovered from Monica and Clinton and those had been
"erased".  Sorry to send such a long message, but this list has been an
answer to my prayers, and I would hate to see it turned into a cold, sterile
list lacking humanity.
This is just my opinion,  but I feel the humor and the stories are ever bit
as important as the med info posted.
Bob [log in to unmask]