From: [log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: (Petition): I am no longer afraid to speak / disability             pension
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 22:47:06 EST

Janet, Canada has much to be proud of in the way it's citizens are treated.
The USA
has a lot to offer, but our social programs need help. Every time I think
things are getting better here, I see what happens to folks like Ivan,who has
to fear losing his home due to government not being attuned to the needs of
the people.  We send aid to other countries and our own people are left to
fend for themselves.  I am glad we can help others, but we need to have better
priorities.  No one should have to live on the streets, starve, or be denied
medical care, when  our economy is so robust.  The money is here, it just
needs to be handled better.  Monica Lewinsky could stay in a Holiday Inn, not
a $5000 a night suite, and Ivan's sewer bill could be paid for years! (I KNOW
it's not that simple!)   I don't have all the answers, but I have plenty of
QUESTIONS!  Ken B.