Hello to you all: First I must comment on upon the Pope's arrival in St.
Louis:
not only am I impressed with His Holiness' appearance  & vitality; but I
must tell you that  just listening to his remarks over the last two days
has filled me with hope, joy & strength! His courage & demeanour are an
inspiration to us all!
As a few of you might have known, I have been having a really tough time
lately.
Several months ago, it bacame apparant that I was no longer getting the
benefits from mirapex that I had been used to getting-my symptoms were
taking a definite turn for the worse & at my last appointment w/ my
neuro, he uped my mirapex intake to 4.0 mgs a day (pretty much maxed
out!) and we discussed my options. At this last visit with him on Jan
14th,we decided to gradually reduce the mirapex and to gradually get
aclimated to requip. Of course, I wanted to have  the changes done &
over with in a week so I came of the mirapex in 3 days (I know-graduale
is relative!) Now, I can honestly say that I must know what a junkie
feels like in detox-I'd bore you w/ grisly details but you get the
picture! On Friday, I was sobbing to my dr. to please put me back on the
mirapex-but, he said that I should give the requip a chance to work...&
also commented that I was not wonder-woman & that gradual is indeed a
relative term!  Any how, I was determined to give it the old college
try-I told him that if I weren't back to normal in a week, I was going
back on the mirapex! On Sunday, I had upped my requip to .50 mgs 3x a
day & was able to attend Mass-but I was worn out for the rest of the
day. As of yesterday, when I first started this post, I could only type
with one finger, couldn't eat,couldn't get out of a chair or bed without
assistance-
baasically, I was a mess! Finally, today, I upped my doseage to .75mgx.
3x a day  & I am happy to announce that I''m tryping with 10 fingers &
that for the first time in weeks-I AM GOING TO LIVE! I will try to post
again soon, to let you know how the requip does for me. It seems to be a
course several of you are on-I wish you all well & thanks for all the
encouragement that I recieved!
I for one, appreciate that Dennis took all the time to write such a
thoughtfull and well thought out letter.

--
Joan E. Snyder (47-8-10) <[log in to unmask]>
"In the depths of winter I finally learned there