After the last 40 some-odd hours of working on this computer, I am sure of
at least a few things;
1 Thanks to pd, I can now blow up a computer and erase the hard drive for
several days/nights  at a time, since sleep isn't necessary.
2. The pd list had over 375 messages either posted publicly or privately to
me in the last 5 days (I didn't count them, the server did)
3. I never want to read/delete another 400 messages in one sitting.
4. I not only have probably lost your message to me, I know I've lost your
address,  and all the pd web sites.
5. A 9.6GB hard drive isn't necessarily better than my old 286, it just
takes longer to defrag.
6.FOR EVERYONE/ANYONE USING WINDOWS 98 --- THIS ONE ISN'T FOR CHUCKLES.
Check your properties in the sysconfig. set up.  If your computer isn't
running at 98% free memory in the start up, do a controlled (custom)
start-up to only include sysconfig, winsys in start-up menu.  This is
according to the 4th tech from Hewlett Packard I've spoken to in the last 18
hours.  My system was booting up with 78% memory free, and still locking up
and crashing.

Sorry if I haven't replyed/lost your messages....Hopefully I've got it fixed
and semi-kid proof this time.
Bob [log in to unmask]