Hello again,

I'm coming out of my lurk mode to again ask a question from you all for my inlaw. To help your memories my father in law has Parkinson's. He was diagnosed 6 years ago and is now 72 years old. In addition to this he also has arthritis in his knees and ankles and is not able to walk anymore. I can't remember all the meds that he takes, but I know that Tasmar is one of them, which has been a topic of discussion on this list. He has also been having a horrible embarrassing (for him) problem of knowing when he needs to go to the bathroom. He is taking medication for this but not sure what it is. After much persuasion he is not wearing depends to help keep things dry for him and his wife.

Now for the question LOL..It's getting to where it's hard for him to get in and out of the car to the wheel chair, he is much too heavy to lift in and out. They need a van for a wheelchair. But as you know they are very expensive! Is there any kind of help out there to get one for him? He loves to get out and see the mountains (they live in north Georgia USA) but because of the strain to get him in and out it's impossible to take him without a strong person to help. If anybody out there has any ideas as where to look it would be much appreciated..My family has learned allot from this list and hope that it doesn't change from that.

Thank you!
Janet McDonald